Monday, July 6, 2009

Homeless Youth

A mother, as of twelve seconds ago, looks down at her baby, her child, her precious angel and thinks, 'Hello my baby, my child, my precious little angel. What is in store for us?'.
A child, as of twelve second ago, looks up at his mother, his protector, his angel and thinks, 'Hello my mother, my protector, my angel. What is in store for us?'.
The same mother, as of fifteen years ago, looks up at her baby, her child, her precious angel and think, 'What the hell was I thinking? What a disappointment!'.
A child, as of fifteen years ago, looks down at his mother, his protector, his angel and thinks, 'Why don't you want me? Being a kid involves stupid shit!'.
@Copyright

This is a classic situation for a parent-teen relationship and the end result rarely results in the child ending up homeless, however it does happen.
Some of you who are reading this are probably saying to yourself, who cares? That's not me or my kids, you say.
And all I can say to that is, you may be right, but it could be you.
I, myself am a child of the streets, and let me tell you something; it is one of the worst things in the world! The only positive thing that comes out of it is that everything else for the rest of their lives will seem golden in comparison.
I don't want to bore you with all the details and statistics and I'm not asking you for any sort of donation. But if the word spreads then awareness is spread. And when awareness is spread, things change for the better.
So lets change things for the better for these kids. Spread the word!

On top of all of that word spreading, Eszbonna's MnMs has administered a donation system to which all funds will go to helping the homeless children in N.A. So don't forget to donate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones