Monday, July 6, 2009

Reflective Truth

A girl runs out the door and grabs a quick look of herself in the mirror.
A man sees his reflection in a car window as he rushes off to his next business meeting.
A baby slaps the water as his face ripples across the pond.
How often has something similar happened to you? Every day? Twice a day? Only occasionally?
How often do you truly look at yourself? Not just a glace. Not just while you brush your teeth. And not just while you do your makeup. But truly look deep into your own eyes and see who you really are; Who the person behind the mask, that is your face, is.
I've tried it myself many times. And I have so far failed to see past the reflection and get to the truth. All I see is the eyes.
I just cant seem to get past the blue iris that surrounds the never ending tunnel of my pupil. I die to know what lies at the end of that tunnel, like finding the gold at the end of the rainbow. Except this gold is not as worthless as the metal that the little green leprechaun chases, instead is the hidden treasure that is yourself locked within your mind and soul.
So I challenge you: Next time instead of just glancing, just brushing your teeth, or just doing your makeup, try to make it to the end of that tunnel and unlock the chest of truth and self.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones